Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Deception of Global Warming

The interest I have in science wouldn't fill a thimble. I am not a scientist and I have not looked at the relevant data concerning the climate change of the planet. Even if I did I wouldn't be in a position to accurately evaluate the data. Lets face it the majority of the people in this country aren't either. It is no wonder the Main Stream Media can produce such terror in ordinary citizens.

I have always been skeptical of Global Warming, at least that notion the humans are the cause of it. Why? I remembered learning at some point in my education that the earth has continually gone through these cycles of change. And if we are to believe that we are the cause of this mess, then nothing short of getting rid of all our fossil fuel burning energy ways would help the problem. Once Al Gore starts traveling in a horse and buggy then maybe I will listen.

Today I came across an article, actually an opinion piece, that confirms some of my thoughts. Here is a guy that not only has looked at the relevant data, but also has the credentials to evaluate it. Here is a little bit of what Dr. Tim Ball wrote in Global Warming: The Cold Hard Facts?

Believe it or not, Global Warming is not due to human contribution of Carbon Dioxide (CO2). This in fact is the greatest deception in the history of science. We are wasting time, energy and trillions of dollars while creating unnecessary fear and consternation over an issue with no scientific justification. For example, Environment Canada brags about spending $3.7 billion in the last five years dealing with climate change almost all on propaganda trying to defend an indefensible scientific position while at the same time closing weather stations and failing to meet legislated pollution targets.
It is easy to have consensus when there are millions of dollars being poured into propaganda. Consensus doesn't produce facts. Perhaps it is time we take a step back, away from the fear mongering, and take a more rational look at the topic at hand.

No comments:

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...