Monday, October 29, 2007

Covenant Theology

Ben Witherington (one of the scholars Lee Strobel interviewed in The Case for Christ, chapter 7 "Was Jesus Really Convinced That He Was The Son of God?") has written a post about covenants and the part they play in studying theology. I really appreciated the post for two reasons. The first reason is because I have long held the view that understanding covenants provides us with a better perspective on our relationship with God. The second reason is because the post helped me make sense out of a couple of questions I have been dealing with. The major one was: How can one man's death take care the sins of two people let alone thousands of people? I think viewing Christ's death in terms of covenant provides the best answer to this question. So I hope you will go and read Dr. Witherington's thoughts on covenants: Cutting a Covenant; and When Covenant People can't Cut It.

No comments:

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...