Friday, August 29, 2008

Life Robbers

In John 10:10 we read that Jesus promised that He came to give us life. One of the my passions is to help people (and in the process help me) live that abundant life Jesus promised His followers. Jesus also taught that there is a thief who is out to steal, kill, and destroy the life that He offers. Based on this I have been on the lookout for the different ways Satan tries to steal away our life. I have come to call these things “life robbers.” Here is a list of life robbers that I have come up with.

1. Sin
2. Guilt
3. Fear
4. Discouragement
5. Addiction
6. Resentment (not being able to forgive)
7. Doubt (not being loyal to God)
8. Pride
9. Loneliness
10. Ungrateful
11. Bitterness
12. Laziness

I have a question for my readers: Do you have any other “life robbers” you would add to the list? What would they be? I would love to know your thoughts, my comments section is just begging to be used.

5 comments:

Justin Raulston said...

I thought of these

Jealousy
Coveting
Depression (Having been burned)

Paul said...

Justin,
Those are definitely good additions to the list. Thanks for sharing.

just me said...

What about being a people-pleaser?

jonthegreat said...

I find legalism to be a robber; rules and regulations one MUST observe to demonstrate their holiness.

Paul said...

Thanks for the input. Just me, I am not much of a people-pleaser, and so while this is not one I deal with, I am certain there are many out there that do.

Jonthegreat, legalism is a huge one for me, I don't know why I missed it, but you are exactly right.

Thanks again, I always love to get comments.

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...