Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Link: Saying No

Here is an older blog post written by John Eldredge that I think is important for us to remember. It is easy to get into the trap of finding our validation from other people, and then get worn out by our constant desire to please people. This is an excerpt of what John writes:

I mean, I realize there’s only so much of me to go around. I understand the need for “margin” in my life. And I try to walk with God, ask him where he’s leading as I make decisions. I’ve got a pretty strong sense of what I’m supposed to be about, and that helps me know what I’m not supposed to be about.

But even still, I find myself flinching, sometimes freezing inside when I have to come to a decision and the decision is “No.” No, I can’t help you. No, I can’t come. No, I don’t have time to hang out. No, I can’t take this call.

Why is it so hard to say no?

You read the entire post, Saying No, here.

No comments:

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...