Monday, February 02, 2009

Preparing For Life

I wanted to let my vast reading audience that I am taking the next forty days off from the internet. Why might you ask? This really doesn't have anything to do with blogging. In fact, I finally found a groove that I liked, no but else may have liked it, but I did.

No, this break is from the internet in general, so I can focus on few things that I need to do. First, I am going to Wild at Heart Boot Camp at the end of April/beginning of May, and I want to make sure that I get through Wild at Heart (which I am journalling through) and The Way of the Wild Heart (with the companion Field Manual).

A second reason is so can I start to prepare to run a 5K this summer. The internet is the big distraction that keeps me from going to the gym at night. I am hoping that 4o days with out the internet might help me establish a pattern of going to the gym.

A third reason is to focus on finishing up the Paul's Ponderings Devotional I have been working on. I would like to get that finished so I can know that I am able to write a book (getting a book sold is another issue).

Forty days is common Biblical time period of preparation, such as Jesus' forty days in the wilderness. So the next 40 days I want to take the time and focus on preparing for whatever God has in store for me next.

Thanks for reading. I hope I don't lose too many of you, but I understand if you leave. There a many other blogs out there with owners who are far more dedicated to their craft than I. See you in forty.

5 comments:

Tom said...

We will be around when you come back. God's blessings on your efforts!

No_Longer_Bound said...

God bless you. I'm new here, and I subscribed to your blog because of this post.

Beyth-'el [house of God] said...

Fantastic blog!

Here's a brief view shared from my blog at
http://beythelofgod.blogspot.com
:

Role model Pro-family born again worship banning unmarried couples practicing pro-fornication worship as bad examples. Beyth-'el (House of God) is "Safe for the whole family."

Anonymous said...

I miss your Blog, Paul. Will look forward to the end of those 40 days. :)
Charlotte :)

Ryan said...

Paul,

I hope that you are enjoying your sabbatical. I too am training for a run, perhaps a half marathon, and have been on the webs a little less these days.

I wish you continued prosperity.

Ryan

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...