Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Celebrate Saint Patrick's Day

In honor of St. Patrick, a man God used to preserve the Faith, I want to share with you a paragraph from his Confession. This is what Patrick wrote:
"I was like some great stone lying deep in mud, until 'He who is power' came and 'in his mercy' lifted me up. Yes, that's how it was, he did indeed raise me up, for he placed me on the very top of the wall. And so, because of that, I must shout out loud, 'to the Lord in order to give back' some small thing for all his gifts that are so great both here and in eternity. The mere mind of man can never plumb such gifts as these." (The Confession of Saint Patrick, p. 36, translated by John Skinner)

Hebrews 12:1 says; Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us (ESV). On this day, as part of honoring this one man, let us also thank God for all the men and women of faith who have helped blaze the trail for us to follow. Let us also keep in mind that we are responsible for marking the trail as well for those who come after us to follow.

No comments:

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...