Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We Can Be Confident

And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Places because of the blood of Jesus. ~ Hebrews 10:19; NLT

And now, dear children, continue to live in fellowship with Christ so that when he returns you will be full of courage and not shrink back from him in shame. ~ 1 John 2:28; NLT

There is a certain confidence that we have when we surrender our lives to Jesus, a confidence that our place in Heaven is secure. This confidence does not come from anything that we have done, but rather it comes from our relationship with Jesus. It starts when we are cleansed by Jesus' blood and continues as we follow Jesus every day.

I need constant reminders that my salvation is not based on what I have done. If it was then I would be in trouble because I struggle and I fall short of being the man God created me to be. Sin continues to have a presence in my life. Though I can conceal this to the outside world I am well aware of my failures and thus I have very little confidence approaching God. Even prayer becomes a struggle when I dwell on the sins I have committed.

That is why it is good for me hear and read that I can have confidence because of Jesus. It is Jesus' blood that saves me, not my good works. I have fellowship with Him, not only when I obey Him, but also when I turn to Him in forgiveness for the wrong that I have done. I am far from perfect, but I am constantly reminded that Jesus is still by my side.

We all need reminders of simple and elementary Truths because Satan is so good at deceiving us and getting us to believe things that God really did not say. Every once and while we need to get back to basics and review things from the very beginning and remember what God really did say. Then we can have confidence that we are part of God's Family destined to be with Him forever.

No comments:

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...