Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Living The Life God Has For Us

It is interesting how our feelings are so connected to circumstances. We can be feeling good about life, and then we receive a bit of news and our hearts drop to the pit of our stomachs. That is what happened to me tonight, and even though the news was good news (at least for the person involved) it tore me up because it was a reminder that the life I wanted was not going to happen.

What do we do when this happens to us? How should the follower of Christ react to the news that the life he/she wanted was no longer the life they could live?

There is only one option I can think of: commit ourselves to living the life that we already have. That requires us to seek God's will for our lives right now and move in that direction. It means that we focus on the responsibilities that we have right now and complete them.

It is good to have dreams and desires, but we have to be willing to give those dreams up when God calls us in another direction. We have to remember that it is through the circumstances of life that God is able to grow us into the people He desires us to be. No matter how painful it might be or how broken our heart becomes, God is able to use the worst circumstances in our lives to mature our faith.

The hard part is allowing these words to move from my head to my heart, to really trust God with my life rather than blaming Him for not making life turn out the way I want it to turn out. May God give me, and you, the courage to follow Him no matter what life throws our way.

Sent from my iPod

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What if Pasquinnel had not come atall?

--McCeeg

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...