Thursday, July 22, 2010

Guide Me to Life

Psalm 16:11

Good Shepherd,
I ask that You will lead me on the path of life. It is so easy for me to become distracted by the things of this world that I find myself constantly wandering away. Watch over me, pursue me when I wander, pick me up when I stumble, and correct me when I disobey. I want to live the life You have for me to live.

Lord, show me the futility of life in this world so that it ceases to be attractive to me. Put into my heart the longings for love and truth so that my supreme desires can only be found in You.

I surrender my life to You, Christ Jesus. Guide me to true and eternal life. It is in Your name I pray, amen.

2 comments:

KarBar said...

Good prayer Paul...thanks

pbsteele said...

Thanks. I hope that it proved helpful.

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...