Thursday, December 02, 2010

A Prayer: Seek God's Kingdom

Matthew 6:33

Lord God
I pause right now to return my focus to You.  Life has a way of stealing my focus as I am distracted by responsiblities, entertainments, and emergencies.  Rather than seeking Your Kingdom and Your righteousness I seek after my own concerns.  Forgive me for not trusting You.

The reality is that it is impossible for me to seek after Your Kingdom.  I have not the dedication or the faith to follow after Jesus in love and obedience.  That is why I plead to You today to add to my belief faith and to my good intentions commitment and to my desire love.  I need Your help if I am to seek Your Kingdom and righteousness, I cannot do it on my own!  Guide me through this life and bring me into Your Kingdom.  That is my heart's desire.

Thank Your Father for Your love and forgiveness.  It is in Jesus' name I pray, amen.

2 comments:

middy1 said...

God loves you and He hears your prayer. Thought of the lyrics of this song when I read your prayer.

Pure Heart lyrics
CraigSmith Matthew 5:8
Over and over I hear it again
That the Father desires pure heart Not to seek earthly treasure or the favor of man
But to be found with pureness of heart

Pure heart is what the Father desires
Holy heart purified by God's holy fire
Broken heart, proven to be faithful and true
Fashion in me a heart that's thirsting for You
Search ever chamber, expose them to me
Create motives of honor and simplicity
May you find faithfulness, integrity
A heart which is worthy for Your eyes to see

My only ambition is to stand before You
And find I was pleasing in Your sight
An obedient child of God, faithful and true
Found with pureness of heart

saburi pandit said...

awesome.!! i completely needed a prayer like dat =) amazing.. may god bless us all .amen :)

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...