Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Daily Thought: A Sense of Urgency

"For one to realize God is working out His eternal purpose in his life is to live with a sense of urgency. Only one life to live, and it will soon be past, and only what is done with God will last! This can, if one believes this truth, bring to all of life an urgency to live meaningfully and to live well! To know God will give urgency. To have urgency will bring a willingness to obey God quickly. To know that what is done with God will last gives urgency to setting priorities and living with intentional focus and certainty not to waste life or live life carelessly." ~ Henry Blackaby, Created to be God's Friend, p, 8

2 comments:

Dakota said...

Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing, and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well: www.nocondemnation81.blogspot.com

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
Dakota

Patmos Pete said...

Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

God Loves You – Read Your Bible

http://www.youtube.com/user/patmospete

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...