Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Doctrinal Boot Camp | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

There is no doubt that we have failed the younger generations, at least mine and younger, by not stressing points of doctrine and theology enough. We have talked too much about things like the 5 keys to a healthy marriage or the 3 secrets to influencing your co-workers and not enough time about what following Jesus is really about. That is why this paragraph from Chuck Colson caught my attention:
The more I've thought about the parallels, the more I am convinced that we have failed younger evangelicals and new believers generally. We have told them or at least implied that they can live happily ever after, that Christianity is all about what's good for them—not necessarily about what is true. Things just go better with Jesus.

From my personal experience following Jesus began to have a much bigger impact in my life when I began to take doctrine and theology seriously, things began to make sense. That doesn't mean I have all the answers, in fact I have more questions than I do answers, but my worldview is much more cohesive than it used to be.

Doctrinal Boot Camp | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

No comments:

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...