Monday, March 14, 2011

Not Many of You Should Presume to Be Bloggers | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

I think this is a good reminder of the high calling of teaching Scripture. We certainly live in a society that wants us to give our opinion about everything that is happens, but many of us are ignorant about a good many things.
What few of us realize is that when we press those "Publish," "Post," "Comment," and "Send" buttons, we are making the shift away from merely "believing" truth and stepping into the arena of publishing that belief. In doing so we are effectively assuming a position of leadership and teaching that prior to 2004 was not available to us.
Reading this helped me realize that I need to be more careful in what I write, teach, and publish in blogosphere. Prayer, study, and thought need to accompany what I teach and write about. May I be a more careful and thoughtful blogger.

Not Many of You Should Presume to Be Bloggers | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

No comments:

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...