Monday, May 16, 2011

Daily Thought: May We All Draw Near

"As a result of the unique priesthood and perfect sacrifice of Jesus, to whom we have fled for refuge and through whom we have received a complete forgiveness, we may now constantly draw near to God. In Old Testament days only the priests might draw near. Through the veil into the very presence of God in the Most Holy Place, only the high priest might come, and then only once a year on the Day of Atonement. All others had to keep their distance, on pain of death. But now this distinction between priest and people has been abolished by Jesus. Now there is a 'priesthood of all believers'. For now through him all may draw near, pastors and people, sovereign and commoners, without any discrimination whatever." ~ John Stott, Life in Christ, p. 21

2 comments:

Tom said...

As I read your daily thought I started to get excited - finally a blogger with outstanding articulation! Then I saw it was a quote....

I really like your blog, and am looking forward to listening to that audio file you posted... I will save that for when I get home.

I hope you dont mind my humour above, its just me being me... I have followed your blog and am keen to read more.

Tom

Paul Steele said...

Thanks Tom for following. Feel free to comment any time.

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...