Friday, August 05, 2011

Daily Thought: Guiding Me to be Different

"It really is an astounding truth that the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you.  He lives in me.  I do not know what the Spirit will do or where He'll lead me each time I invite Him to guide me.  But I am tired of living in a way that looks exactly like people who do not have the Holy Spirit of God living in them.  I want to consistently live with an awareness of His strength.  I want to be different today from what I was yesterday as the fruit of the Spirit becomes more manifest in me." ~ Francis Chan, Forgotten God, p. 37

2 comments:

The Anonymous Moderate said...

If you're wondering who this is, I'm still the same guy who's been commenting on your blogs. I just had to changed my blog address and strengthen my blog security. Anyway, it can difficult to be different but like Chan said, it's something you ought to let the Holy Spirit guide you to be. In a world where so much has gone wrong it's a must for believers in Christ as the Son of the Living God and believers in the One True God to be different. Wonderful post.

If you want to take a look at my new blog address, here; http://politicallycentrist.blogspot.com/

Paul Steele said...

It is difficult to be different because there are so many different "voices" out there competing for our attention. So it becomes vital for us to take time to listen to God's voice, to follow the Spirit's leading, and to pray that God will transform our hearts. We must evaluate everything: our political views, our church traditions, and our spiritual experiences next to God's Word.

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...