Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Prayer: Jesus Lead Me

This is a prayer I prayed this morning as I confessed that I have been distracted by good, mediocre, and even bad things.  I haven't taken the time lately to simply pause and ask Jesus to guide me through the day, to order my steps, and to show me where I need to go.

Dear God,
I praise You for being who You are.  You are my Creator and I thank You for giving me life.  You are my Heavenly Father and I love You for bringing me into Your family. 
Father, I confess that I have been distracted and I haven't given You the time You deserve.  So it is at this point of priorities that I need guidance.  What is the most important thing?  I want to be like Mary who chose the most important thing of being with and learning from Jesus over being distracted by the good thing of serving Jesus.  What is the most important thing for me to do today?  Open the eyes of my heart so I can see where it is You want me to go and what it is You want me to do.  Lord Jesus, lead me into Your best for my life.  Where do you want me to go?  What do you want me to do? 
In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Pause and write down those things that God is revealing to your heart.  What do you need to confess?  What do you need to do?  What do you need to stop doing?  How should you order your day?  Do these things line up with what God has already revealed in Scripture?

It is important that we take time and invite Jesus to lead our lives.  When we don't we can get distracted from what is essential.

Visiti Paul's new blog at www.paulsponderings.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a really good sermon on prayer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evdjJxWHqpg&feature=channel_video_title

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...