Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Take My Heart and Seal It

Tuesday evenings Jenny and I meet with our Life Group from Church.  I am so very blessed to be part of this wonderful group and I immensely enjoy our time together.

This past Tuesday night we started out with some singing and one of the songs we sung was Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing.  After we were done singing and before we started our time of study our group leader led us in a time of prayer, and he used some of the words from the song.

The words that lept to my attention were these from the third verse:

here's my heart, O take and seal it,  seal it for thy courts above.


As Adam prayed those words I thought to myself;  "What a wonderful truth that we should pray every day."  So often our time of pray we try to make it through the list of requests we have for God.  "God do this for me," we say, and in the process we overlook the need to daily surrender our lives and our hearts to God.  We need to give our hearts to God, so we don't give them away to lesser things.

May we take these words as use them in our prayer today: God have my heart, seal it with Your love, and prepare me for Your Kingdom.

No comments:

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...