Saturday, October 08, 2011

Daily Thought: God Will Speak

"We constantly want God to 'show us Your will for my life' even after He has assured us that He is doing just that.  But God will do it in His way and in His time.  We want to help God! He does not need our help; we need His help!  The 'silences' of God do not mean He is late, or inactive, or not working.  It means that this is where faith works!  We are to continue faithfully doing the last things that we heard from God, with confident expectation that in God's 'fullness of time' He will speak and not delay." ~ Henry Blackaby, Created to be God's Friend, p. 117

2 comments:

f said...

So hard in a world where "taking control of your life" is admired. Sometimes I wish God would just leave me a note or let me in on his timeline. But I know that what you posted is true. And I've seen it.

Paul Steele said...

It is hard, but when we experience God's will and timing in our lives we know that it is the best possible way to live.

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...