Sunday, November 06, 2011

I Will Praise You

In the responsibilities and distractions of every day life it is easy to put loving God on the back burner. I even find my devotional life turns it a distraction from truly loving God.

Praise for our Creator begins with an intention to worship. We may not feel like worshipping, but we commit ourselves to the act of worship, to thanksgiving and prayer. I find that if I wait until I feel like offering praise that it rarely happens. That is why it is so important to be intentional about praising God.

I think this intention shows itself first in our commitment to attending corporate worship. If we are not intentional about setting aside one day a week to praise God then it will be difficult to be consistent in our praise of God.

This intentional weekly praise of God then needs to move into a daily response to what God has done for us. This doesn't mean that we set aside a time of singing each day, but it does mean that we spend time each day thanking God for loving us, for providing for us, and guiding us in His ways. This is so essential as we seek to follow Jesus. It keeps us centered and focused on what needs really matters, no matter what we may be going through. Praise is the lifeblood that we need to remain faithful in whatever circumstance we might find ourselves in. May we commit ourselves to praising God.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

f said...

I appreciated the point of your post. Gave me pause for thought. Thank you.

Paul Steele said...

I am glad that you were blessed by this post. It was a thought that hit me as I in worship on Sunday.