Saturday, December 03, 2011

Daily Thought: Living the Reality

"I believe that what many of us are searching for is not simply another message reassuring us that God forgives freely.  As wonderful as it is, that information alone is not enough to enable people to grow in their experience of God's liberating forgiveness.  Many of us struggle at this point—not so much with understanding the message of forgiveness, but with living in the reality of it." ~ John Ortberg, The Life You've Always Wanted, p. 129

1 comment:

Liane said...

How true, Paul. I often see this in my own life but not just the message of forgiveness. There are a few principles that I know and areas that I'm aware of but I keep tripping over the actual wrong experience manifesting as real in my life rather than the right one. Sometimes it frustrates me so but I try to keep giving it to God and asking Him to help me think and live differently.

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...