Sunday, December 18, 2011

Linkage: Getting the Most from Revelation

Revelation is a book that is difficult to understand.  So we tend to either ignore it or comb through it looking for "signs of the times."  In the process we miss out on the wonderful blessing it can be in our lives.  In part one of a two part article Matt Procter explains why we should take the time to read this wonderful book.

At first I steered clear of this perplexing book. But then a seminary class showed me that no Bible book offers greater help or relevance for Christians today. 
When I interviewed for my first preaching ministry at age 23, I told the pulpit committee I absolutely believed in the power of God’s Word to transform lives. I told them I was convinced “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16). I affirmed for them my commitment to proclaim “the whole counsel of God” (Acts 20:27, English Standard Version).

Continue Reading...

No comments:

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...