Friday, June 01, 2012

Daily Thought: Put Heart Into Prayer

Other things being equal, your growth and mine into the likeness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be in exact proportion to the time and to the heart we put into prayer. Please note exactly what I say: "Your growth and mine into the likeness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be in exact proportion to the time and to the heart we put into prayer." I put it in that way because there are many who put a great deal of time but so little heart into their praying that they do very little praying in the long time they spend at it.

R. A. Torrey, The Power of Prayer, Olive Tree Bible Software Edition

Sent with Writer.
Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

Min.Dre said...

Very good point. I have been trying to up my prayer life greatly by first making it habit to do so on a regular basis. I also try to always pray with a focused and sincere open heart. some times the devil distracts me and I have to rebuke him in Jesus name pronto before I get back to praying. I reflect on what God really is to me and what He has done for me and continues to do for me and what can I do for him. How can I improve and be a better servant for him and his people. Since my divorce I spend a lot more time being intimate with God and even through pains I am thankful for a more committed relationship with Christ.

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...