Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Morning Prayer 1.0

{Matthew 6:9-13; ESV}

“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”

My Lord and My God, I praise You for being who You are. You are my Creator and I thank You for giving me life. You are my Heavenly Father and I love You for bringing me into Your family.

{Psalm 16:11; ESV}

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Good Shepherd, as I begin this day I ask that You will lead me on the path of life. It is so easy for me to become distracted by the things of this world. Everything from politics to sports to responsibilities to emergencies distract me from my true calling, and I find myself constantly wandering away from You.

Watch over me, pursue me when I wander, pick me up when I stumble, and correct me when I disobey. I want to live the life You created me to live.

Lord, show me the futility of a life based on the things of this world. Remind me that the things of this world pass away, so my true desire can be eternal things. Put into my heart the longings for love and truth so that my supreme desires can only be found in You. I surrender my life to You, Christ Jesus. Guide me to true and eternal life.

{Colossians 3:1-4; NLT; Personalized}

Since I have been raised to new life with Christ, I set my sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. I think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For I died to this life, and my real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is my true life, is revealed to the whole world, I will share in all his glory.

Holy Spirit, You know my heart and my mind so I ask that You will reveal to me the earthly and impure thoughts, motives, and desires that reside in me. Help me to say no to these things so I can set my sights on the things of heaven.

Renew my heart and mind so I will desire heavenly things. Strengthen my will so I can say no to the things of this world. Give me eyes to see from an eternal perspective. Empower me to live a life that glorifies you. This is the true desire of my heart.

Help me Father to pursue You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Help me Lord Jesus to live a life that honors You. Help me Holy Spirit to be guided by You each day.

See more at Paul’s Ponderings: Morning Prayer 1.0

 

No comments:

Our Identity

{Philippians 1:1-2; NLT}   This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God's holy people i...